Thursday, October 7

Life is sooo good!

This is what we had for dinner last night.  We call it a German pancake, but I don't think it is acually German (kind of like French fries).
I wanted to post it because it is easy and very inexpensive to make, and feeds 5-7 people (plus kids love it, my youngest daughter wanted this for her birthday dinner).

In a mixing bowl whisk up 9-12 eggs (depending on size), add 2 c flour and 2 c milk and 1 tsp vanilla and whisk some more.
In a 9"x13" pan (in the photo, I used a 10"x15" pan), butter generously (use a couple of tablespoons of butter or margarine.  Pour egg mixture into pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Serve with pancake syrup and jam.  YUM! 

This is the project I have been working on lately.  It's called Swedish weave and this will someday be a cute blanket/throw.  For now its a "work in progress".


I am reading a great book called The Dynamics Laws of Prosperity, by Catherine Ponder.  I want to share tidbits of the book in my posts (especially for my wealth building buddies!).  Here goes:
"I learned about the power of thought as an instrument for success or failure.  I came to realize that failure is basically the result of failure thinking.  I learned that the right use of my mind could become the key to healthy, happy, prosperous, successful living. . . . The word 'prosper' means 'to flourish, succeed, thrive, to experience favorable results.'  You are prosperous to the degree that you are experiencing peace, health, and plenty in your world."

So, let's change any failure thinking to prosperous thinking, starting right now!  We can do it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love German Pancakes! Thanks for the great dinner idea! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower of your blog and of your Swedish weaving. I love it.
    I am a mother of 3 daughters and one of them has 5 children. Her blog http://fivegreatkiddos.blogspot.com
    my other two have 3 children.
    I am very excited to start with the Swedish weaving and have posted about it on my blog and given you credit for you great tutorials and showed one of your pieces. I hope you don't mind. You do beautiful work. I have it on my blog http://punchdrunkneedleworks.blogspot.com
    I hope you will stop by for a visit.
    You seem to be very passionate about the things that you do and your wonderful family of 5 daughters. It is very refreshing to find your blog and I will be visiting often. I didn't see a following on your IvyStitching blog.
    Thanks
    Jam

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...