Friday, July 16

Salsa & Nachos Friday!

Nachos are such great weekend food.  Especially in the summertime!
What makes the experience absolutely heaven (at least to me) is the fresh salsa or pico de gallo.  Just thinking about it makes me crave it!!!  My favorite salsa is my step-daughter's recipe and we've had it a couple of times lately --  YUMMY!


Here it is with some guesses on the amounts of the ingredients, but it's mostly to your own taste anyway, so be creative . . .
First comes lots of chopping: a yellow and orange pepper (and/or red), and a chili or two (either anaheim or for hotter flavor, try a jalapeno).


And then more chopping: lots of tomatos (about 4), a bunch of cilantro--to taste, and an onion.


Then add some more flavor: minced garlic cloves, fresh lime juice (one lime), and rice vinegar (a couple of Tbsp at a time) -- all to taste.  Taste as you go -- that is my favorite way to cook -- I do it so much, I'm full by the time I'm done making the recipe.

Then my step-daughter stirs it all up.

Grate up a pile of cheese, put it on some tortilla chips, then bake at 350 for about 5-8 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese.  We also heat up some canned chili to put on the chips, but that's optional.  The salsa on the other hand is NOT optional :-)


Hmm, it looks good . . . 


  
Now, let's eat!!!!!!!

We are all okay (really, we are) after we get food.

Happy salsa weekend!

4 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try this! It looks so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks yummy.
    So fun that I found your blog,
    I am a Mom of 7 girls & twin boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Invite me over....I'm all for you doing the chopping and me doing the eating. Mom

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...