Friday, July 30

Healthy French Fries!

Today I had the privilege of babysitting my granddaughters.  My 2 yr old grand D is a little picky so I thought to myself that all kids like french fries.  But, of course, I can't feed my grand D french fries from a fast food place . . . I don't even know what's in them.  I know they aren't cut and make of real potatos.
So I cut up my own potatos and put them in a bowl of water to keep them from turning brown while I kept cutting more potatos.  My cute little grand D wanted to help so I let her put the cut potatos in the water.


Then I oiled a cookie sheet and a pizza pan with olive oil.  I wanted to see which one would bake the fries the best.  I think the pizza pan won, but really there wasn't much of a difference.  Then I rinsed the potato fries and drained them.  My grand D helped put them on the sheets. 

She had a lot of fun rubbing her hands on the oiled pan.  (Did you notice grandma didn't bother doing grand D's hair very well!)

Then grand D got to shake salt all over the fries!  Boy, that was fun!  Then I baked them for 30 minutes at 350.

I barely had time to grab my camera and take another picture of the baked project before we started consuming and they were gone.  Needless to say, they were good.  So now you know, you don't have to deep fry them in tons of oil to enjoy french fries and you can feel totally good about feeding them to your grandkids (who loved them, btw).

1 comment:

  1. I rarely deep fry anything anymore. I am sure you both had a great time making and eating them :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...